Monday, May 2, 2011

Just Call Me Eva

In a recent email, Gerald asked me if he could call me Eva. Then he included these lyrics:

Green acres is the place for me.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide.
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

New York is where I'd rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a penthouse view.
Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.

...The chores.
...The stores.
...Fresh air.
...Times Square!

You are my wife.
Good bye, city life.
Green Acres we are there.

Inspired (and laughing heartily), I ordered a copy of Green Acres: Farm Favorites from Swap-a-DVD.com. Erin witnessed Peter watching an episode and went downstairs to where Allison and I were sitting. She said, “Dad is watching a DVD about you guys.” “Our wedding video?” I asked? “No, it’s about a place called Green Acres.”

Peter and I have had a fun time watching the early shows and relating to so much that is there. Granted, everything on the show is an extreme (no Manhattan penthouse for me!), but we still understand the sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment